1. I dream of a government that will not only acknowledge black and white.
2. I dream of a nation that would treat all its citizens equally.
3. I dream of a people that acknowledge the fact that they are neither black nor white.
4. I dream of a people that believe that all colours of the rainbow are equally beautiful and that each colour has a significant
4. role to play in making the rainbow a beautiful work of art.
5. I dream of a people who believe that, they equally helped to shape this country and fought and sacrificed their lives to enjoy
5. the freedom of our current democracy.
6. I dream of a people that believe in themselves enough to boldly acknowledge each other and openly give praise where praise 6. is due.
7. I dream of a people that believe in acknowledging those who have gone before us even though there are none who have
7. come from behind.
8. I dream of a people that value its young people enough to become their mentors and role models.
9. I dream of a people that will speak out against the evil of substance abuse and will bring hope in hopeless situations.
10. I dream of a people that will use knowledge to empower their brains instead of putting dope in their veins.
11. I dream of a people that will stop believing that they are the salami between the sandwiches but that they are the whole
11. sandwich itself.
12. I dream of a people that will stop believing that they are like crabs that continually drag each other down.
13. I dream of a people that will invest in the youth in their community and in so doing build strong future leadership.
14. I dream of a people that will change the stigma of being labeled gangsters, drunkards, drug lords and not being trustworthy.
15. I dream of a people that will stand up and speak out against stereo types that have marginalized and stigmatized our
16. I dream of a people that will come forward and not talk about change but instead live and be the change that they speak
17. I dream of a people that will value life and see the beauty in all of God’s creation.
18. I dream of a people who will live meaningful lives instead of living life meaninglessly.
19. I dream of a people that will invest in the infrastructure development of their own communities and in so doing help to
19. eradicate poverty and create wealth and job opportunities.
20. I dream of a people that will openly celebrate its culture and build monuments to remind the future generation of their
20. heritage and legacy.
21. I dream that this dream will not remain a dream, but that I will continue to seek those who are likeminded, and co-labour to 21. see this dream become a reality in my lifetime.
P.O. Box 35076
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Copyright © 2015 Billy Paulson | Designed by BlackInk Solutions | Photography by Tim Wilson